Write a 750–1250 word -count paper identifying the functions selected and why you selected them.
The Abstract must be 120 words single paragraph overview clearly stating the paper’s intent.
DONT NOT FORGET TO INCLUDE THE ABSTRACT!!!!CASE : TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS AT GRACELAND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL BACKGROUND AND CASE OVERVIEW
Graceland Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit, community hospital located in a medium-sized urban area in the Midwest. The only other hospital that serves this community is a large, tertiary care teaching hospital affiliated with a major university medical center. When Jack Prestwood, vice president of Human Resources at Graceland, read the current Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, he knew that he needed to comply with them. Under the newly formed OSHA regulations, Graceland is required to enforce the correct usage of respiratory masks and conduct respiratory fit-testing to prevent the transmission of communicable
diseases. In the past, Graceland employees who had frequent contact with patients who suffered from airborne communicable diseases were not fitted for a correctly sized respiratory mask. Therefore, to prevent large OSHA fines for noncompliance with the new regulations, Graceland’s administration concluded that it must update its own regulations.
Mr. Prestwood called Janet Bowers, director of Employee Health, into his office one morning to ask, “Janet, are you familiar with the new OSHA regulations for respiratory mask fit-testing?”“I certainly am, Jack,” replied Ms. Bowers. “After reading about the OSHA update in Employee Health Weekly, I called our two health equipment supply companies yesterday afternoon to get an idea of the costs involved with mask fit-testing. I knew that I would need the information sooner or later since the hospital will obviously have to comply with the new regulations.”“Sounds great, Janet. What did you find out?”
asked Mr. Prestwood.“It seems that both companies will give us a discount for a large order of the masks. They will also provide training to Employee Health and Infection Control staff for proper use of the new masks,” Ms. Bowers continued.“It looks like you’ve done your homework, Janet. Let’s schedule a meeting with the Infection Control staff about this,” Mr. Prestwood suggested. Mr. Prestwood arranged the meeting the next day with Ms. Bowers and Erika Tompson, the director of Infection Control, to discuss the updated OSHA regulations and the proposed compliance change. To Mr.
Prestwood and Ms. Bowers’ surprise, Ms. Tompson objected to implementing the change.“Why should we have to undergo such a major policy change since the other hospitals in the area are not making any changes in their infection control policies?” Ms. Tompson complained. “That’s only going to require more work for my staff and for me.
I really don’t think that the change is worth the cost of its implementation. I recommend that we keep things as they are. Te current policies have worked just fine for the past couple of years. If other hospitals begin to make the change, then maybe we could decide to update our policies.” After the meeting with Ms. Tompson, Mr. Prestwood was very frWeek Two: Assignment One. Case Study: “Taking Care of Business at Graceland Memorial Hospital”
Top of Form
This case study will not be found in your text. It is attached below.
· Please be sure to review your case study rubric as this will help you understand how to gain the most points for your effort.
· After reading the case study, review the five management functions on page 37 in your Olden text. Pages may be different in your eBook.
· Choose ONLY two of the management functions you believe are most relevant to the situation in the case.
· Write a 750–1250 word -count paper identifying the functions selected and why you selected them.
· The Abstract must be 120 words single paragraph overview clearly stating the paper’s intent.
· Please site three references (one may be from your text)
· Points will be deducted if all questions are not answered.
· Be sure to use the most recent APA standards as a guideline for your paper, in text cited works and your references.
· The introduction is engaging and states the main topic.
· Each paragraph has thoughtful, supporting sentences, developing the main idea.
· All questions posed in the assignment will be answered in clearly written verbiage,
· The conclusion will be engaging and restates the thesis
· No errors in grammar, punctuation, sentence structure or spelling.
· The assignment will be submitted on time or early, unless your Professor has agreed otherwise.
NU HCA620 Graceland Memorial Hospital Case Stud…
Bottom of Form
TEXT BOOK INFO:
The abstract presents a succinct, 120 words, single- paragraph The abstract presents a succinct, 120 words, single- paragraph The abstract presenting a 120-word paragraph was not present or An abstract is attempted but is not properly formatted and is not close to The abstract is not present or does not reflect the overview that clearly states the paper’s intent, with proper formatting and placement in the paper.
The abstract presents a succinct, 120 words, single- paragraph overview that states the paper’s intent, but could be more concise and clearer with proper formatting and placement in the paper.
The abstract presenting a 120-word paragraph was not present or may not be formatted or placed properly in the paper.
An abstract is attempted but is not properly formatted and is not close to the required word count.
The abstract is not present or does not reflect the necessary requirements.
Score of Abstract,
The introduction is engaging, states the main topic and previews the structure of the paper.
The introduction states the main topic and previews the structure of the paper.
The introduction states the main topic but does not adequately preview the structure of the paper.
The introduction unclearly states the topic and does not adequately preview the structure of the paper.
The introduction is not present or does not reflect the necessary requirements.
Score of Introduction,
Each paragraph has thoughtful, supporting, detail sentences that develop the main idea.
Each paragraph has sufficient, supporting, detail sentences that develop the main idea.
Some paragraphs lack supporting detail sentences that develop the main idea.
Most paragraphs lack supporting detail sentences. The main idea is not clearly conveyed.
The content is not present or does not reflect the necessary requirements.
Score of Content,
Requirements of the Paper
All questions posed in the assignment were answered in a clear and concise way that contributed to the main content of the paper and word count met. (750-1250 MIN)
All questions posed in the assignment were answered that contributed to the main content of the paper and word count met. Some ideas are slightly unclear. (750-1250 MIN)
Most questions posed in the assignment were answered that contributed to the main content of the paper and word count met. Many ideas are unclear.
Some questions posed in the assignment were answered but were not clear and concise or word count was not met
Many questions were left unanswered or do not reflect the necessary requirements.
Score of Requirements of the Paper,
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.