Please review the complete instructionsCONTROVERSY ASSOCIATED WITH PERSONALITY AND PARAPHILIC DISORDERS
Between 10% and 20% of the population experience personality disorders. They are difficult to treat as individuals with personality disorders are less likely to seek help than individuals with other mental health disorders. Treatment can be challenging as they do not see their symptoms as painful to themselves or others.
Paraphilic disorders are far more common in men than in women, and generally quite chronic, lasting at least two years. Treatment of these disorders usually involves both psychotherapeutic and pharmacologic treatments.
In this Assignment, you will explore personality and paraphilic disorders in greater detail. You will research potentially controversial elements of the diagnosis and/or treatment and explain ethical and legal considerations when working with these disorders.
· Select a specific personality or paraphilic disorder from the
DSM-5-TR to use for this Assignment. – Choose one disorder from the attached PDF documents.
In 3 pages:
· Explain the controversy that surrounds your selected disorder. – Choose one (1) disorder from the attached PDF documents.
· Explain your professional beliefs about this disorder, supporting your rationale with at least three scholarly references from the literature.
· Explain strategies for maintaining the therapeutic relationship with a patient that may present with this disorder.
· Finally, explain ethical and legal considerations related to this disorder that you need to bring to your practice and why they are important.
· At least three scholarly references
· APA 78/3/22, 9:36 AM Psychiatry Online | DSM Library
Back to table of contents Previous Chapter Next Chapter
This chapter begins with a general definition of personality disorder that applies to each of
the 10 specific personality disorders. A personality disorder is an enduring pattern of inner
experience and behavior that deviates markedly from the norms and expectations of the
individual’s culture, is pervasive and inflexible, has an onset in adolescence or early
adulthood, is stable over time, and leads to distress or impairment.
With any ongoing review process, especially one of this complexity, different viewpoints
emerge, and an effort was made to accommodate them. Thus, personality disorders are
included in both Sections II and III. The material in Section II represents an update of text
associated with the same criteria found in DSM-5 (which were carried over from DSM-IV-
TR), whereas Section III includes the proposed model for personality disorder diagnosis
and conceptualization developed by the DSM-5 Personality and Personality Disorders
services tailored to your preferences.
the navigation, or otherwise continuing to use the APA’s websites, you confirm that you understand and accept the
8/3/22, 9:36 AM Psychiatry Online | DSM Library
Work Group. As this field evolves, it is hoped that both versions will serve clinical practice
and research initiatives, respectively.
The following personali
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.