Topic: Ancient ReligionFor details on requirements, source citation, grading, and point distribution, please read the Discussion Board Forum Instructions document, and the Discussion Board Forum Grading Rubric, located in the Module 2 Assignment folder. In Chapters 1-3 of the course textbook (within MindTap), you have been studying the role that religion played in ancient civilizations. In this week’s discussion, you will choose two primary source documents and consider the similarities and differences between the religion of the Hebrews (which has greatly influenced Western Civilization), and another ancient religion. Choose One of the Following to compare with Psalm 8: Either: Egyptian Book of the Dead: Hymns of Praise to Ra http://ezproxy.liberty.edu/login?url=https://dailylife2.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/1824795 Or: Incantation to Ishtar (from Mesopotamian Civilization) http://ezproxy.liberty.edu/login?url=https://dailylife2.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/2021772 Compare and contrast one of the above documents with: Hymns of Praise to Yahweh – Psalm 8 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+8&version=ESV As you read, look for points of comparison and contrast. Our textbook editors suggest that the Hebrews drew from both Mesopotamian and Egyptian civilizations (2-1), not only practices of law and society, but also in terms of religious beliefs, going as far as to suggest that the Hebrew people were not truly monotheistic until Moses introduced that idea (2-2). Your initial thread should have a clear thesis statement and should respond to the following questions:Comparison/Contrast: What are the most telling similarities and differences between the two documents?Basic analysis: What do you think of the textbook editors’ conclusions regarding Hebrew monotheism? (Use Genesis to support your arguments)Biblical Evaluation: Based on your own understanding of the Bible, Christianity, and the nature of man, what reasons do you think might account for the similarities within the texts? (Provide specific Scriptural support)If additional guidance is needed for Biblical evaluation, you can do use either of these websites for further assistance:
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.