the question is below , Look back over the readings, quizzes, lectures, and discussions from the first three weeks of this class and locate at least two examples of ways that the past affects the present. Explain your chosen examples from the course, and find one additional example from contemporary American culture that demonstrates a connection between past and present. I have attached some documents to used for writing the paper.
the question is below , Look back over the readings, quizzes, lectures, and discussions from the first three weeks of this class and locate at least two examples of ways that the past affects the pre
1. Watch mini-lecture 3-1, Self-Made Man, Part I https://youtu.be/-vd_7QTJtlI 2. Watch mini-lecture 3-2, Self-Made Man, Part II https://youtu.be/utMOh-P-gQU 3. Read Coates’s Between the World and Me, Part I, pp. 1-71. https://www.mercerislandschools.org/cms/lib3/WA01001855/Centricity/Domain/640/Ta-Nehisi%20Coates%20PDF.pdf 5. do the initial discussion post “ an essay “ 6. do the second discussion. “ Each question must be answered with one paragraph as least 7-10 sentences “ Initial discussion How is your perspective affected by your race, class, or gender? American Studies emphasizes the need to examine history and culture from a variety of perspectives. Because we often interpret events only through our own personal experience, it is important to consciously examine the lens through which we view the world. Take a couple of minutes to think about your own lens and describe its components. Choose one event from your life and describe how you would have perceived it differently had you interpreted it through a different lens. How is your perspective affected by your race, your class, or your gender? Second Discussion Q1 How does Coates describe/define “race”? There are some specific examples on pp. 7 if you are struggling to understand his perspective. Q2 Coates spends considerable time exploring “the black body” and how it is controlled and violated by dominant white culture. Take a couple of minutes to do a quick internet search on the individuals he names – Eric Garner, Renisha McBride, John Crawford, Tamir Rice, Marlene Pinnock, Michael Brown, and Trayvon Martin. What similarities do you find in their stories? What theme(s) would you use to characterize their experiences? Q3 Towards the end of the first section of the text (pp. 69-70), Coates makes the point that American slavery affected individual people. How would you characterize your historical education regarding slavery? Were you ever taught about the individual experience of enslaved people? Or were you presented with a more generalized version of American racial history? Hypothesize about the impact your historical awareness has on the way(s) that you perceive contemporary racial issues. Q4 Based on the mini-lecture, describe both the essential elements of the Myth of the Self-Made Man, as well as the main criticisms of it. Q5 Based on the mini-lecture, what are the six main components of Victorian Era masculinity? Be sure to describe each component fully.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.