The lengths, in centimetres, of rods produced in a factory have mean µ and population standard deviation 0.2. The value of µ is supposed to be 250, but a manager claims that one machine is producing rods that are too long on average. (i) A random sample of 40 rods from the above machine is taken and the sample mean length is found to be 250.06 cm. Test at the 5% significance level whether the manager’s claim is justified. (ii) If the population standard deviation was unknown and the sample standard deviation was 0.6, would the test change? Explain?(iii) Test for the validity of population standard deviation figure given in (iii).
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.