The Bureau of Transportation Statistics reports on-time performance for airlines at major U.S. airports. JetBlue, United, and US Airways share Terminal C at Boston’s Logan Airport. The percentage of on-time flights reported for a sample month were 76.8% for JetBlue, 71.5% for United, and 82.2% for US Airways. Assume that 30% of the flights arriving at Terminal C are JetBlue flights, 32% are United flights, and 38% US Airways flights. a. Develop a joint probability table with three rows (the airlines) and two columns (ontime and late). b. An announcement is made that Flight 1382 will be arriving at gate 20 of Terminal C. What is the probability that Flight 1382 will arrive on time? c. What is the most likely airline for Flight 1382? What is the probability that Flight 1382 is by this airline? d. Suppose that an announcement is made saying that Flight 1382 will now be arriving late. What is the most likely airline for this flight? What is the probability that Flight 1382 is by this airline?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.