Textbook:Keene, J., Cornell, S., O’Donnell, E. (2013) Visions of America: A History of the United States. (2nd ed.) Boston, Ma. Pearson EducationReading:Chapter 13: A Nation Torn Apart: The Civil War, 1861—1865.Chapter 14: Now That We Are Free: Reconstruction and the New South, 1863—1890.Introduction:Week four discusses the Civil War and Reconstruction. The Civil War was between the North and the South and the North did win! “The Union victory in the Civil War in 1865 may have given some 4 million slaves their freedom, but the process of rebuilding the South during the Reconstruction period (1865-1877) introduced a new set of significant challenges” (History.com, 2018, para. 1). The current question this week deals with the advantages and plans that were to be executed after President Lincoln’s assassination and President Andrew Johnson’s tenure for the South and former slaves. “The federal government pursued a program of political, social, and economic restructuring across the South-including an attempt to accord legal equality and political power to former slaves” (The Civil War, 2015, para. 1)Works cited for Introduction:Reconstruction (2018). Retrieved from https://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war/reconstruction.Reconstruction. (2015). National Park Service. Retrieved from https://www.nps.gov/civilwar/reconstruction.htmAssignment:In the beginning, each side in the Civil War believed the war would be brief and that their side would win. What advantages did each side hold that made them feel this way? Elaborate. After the war, Lincoln had one plan for bringing the rebel states back into the Union; Andrew Johnson another; and the Radical Republican Congress a third. Discuss the aims of each president and explain why and in what ways Congress took control of Reconstruction.Please use 2 references, 1 being the textbook and 1 scholarly article. APA format. Use proper citation and references to earn full credit.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.