Share your story with pictures of how you decided to become a PMHNP. Psychiatric nurse practitioner
I’ve been a nurse for a while now and always assumed I’d be OK with staying where I am. A life-changing diagnosis was given to me eleven years ago. That day changed me forever. I hadn’t been myself for a while prior to it, but the physicians had no idea why. Because of this, my marriage ended. Through experience and maturation, I have concluded that I will no longer tolerate the status quo (Kub, 2019). I decided that my life, and the lives of those who are also silently suffering, are worth fighting for. We are all unique and deserving of the chance to overcome our health challenges. In the most recent revision of the psychiatric scope and standards of practice, the promotion of a recovery-focused, person-centered quality of treatment was included as a mandatory requirement. The fifth norm, “Therapeutic Relationship and Counseling,” is on aiding in symptom management and rehabilitation. Attempting rehabilitation in every circumstance demonstrates remarkable development, given that recovery was not possible for many mental diseases only a few short years ago. Below is an image,
It wasn’t until the last eight months that I knew that I wanted to pursue more education to become a Nurse Practitioner. After making up my mind, I considered pursuing a master’s degree in education, but I knew I couldn’t forget the last half of my life. As I learn more about this area, I feel more confident in my choice. Unbeknownst to me, the clinical psychiatry rotation was eliminated from nursing school, and there were relatively few psychiatric questions on the NCLEX® compared to when I was in school. Perhaps this is why so many people with mental illness end up in jail or prison (Wing Chi, 2017). Perhaps some of these inmates could have been rescued if we had access to sufficient medical treatment, preventative care, and insurance coverage for group therapy and one-on-one counseling. Perhaps then they would be taking the right drugs and contributing to society. It’s tragic that many people suffering from mental illness wind themselves behind bars without ever committing an offense. Will the outcomes change if they had participated in therapy? This is information that will be lost to us forever. Below is an image of
I want to do everything I can to prevent as many individuals as possible from seeking care at a mental health facility and to aid those who are already receiving it in getting better and recognizing how much they matter. Every patient deserves to know that they have been offered hope for a fulfilling future (Wing Chi, 2017). Human connection, kindness, and generosity may go a long way. Since mental health problems are not limited to institutions for the mentally ill, I think more individuals, especially nurses, should learn to practice in that fashion. Due to the prevalence of information overload, every
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.