Prompt: Afro-pessimismA few weeks ago, we discussed Afro-pessimism and its manifestation in photography, music videos, and clips from short films by artists from West Africa. Specifically, we watched music videos by rappers who have taken inspiration from Childish Gambino’s “This is America” (2018), which broaches controversial subjects such as discrimination, racism, and gun violence in the United States. For this paper, choose one of the music videos (links below): Falz’s “This is Nigeria”; Xzu B’s “This is Sierra Leone”; or Keddi’s “This is Africa (Ghana)”. Then, answer the following question:How do you think your chosen music video contributes to and / or helps to dismantle Afro-pessimism?To respond to the prompt successfully, your paper must include a thesis statement (argument) that answers the question and must reference specific lyrics and visual evidence to support your argument. Moreover, successful papers will discuss what Afro-pessimism is and will utilize evidence from Okwui Enwezor’s “The Uses of Afro-Pessimism” (2006). You must cite your chosen music video and Enwezor’s essay using footnotes. In your discussion, you might consider:Enwezor’s definitions of Afro-pessimism Enwezor’s descriptions of the role of Western media Enwezor’s discussion of what the role of artists and intellectuals should be in responding to Afro-pessimism The cultural, social, and political issues mentioned in your music video Your own positionality in viewing the music videoVideo linksFalz’s “This is Nigeria”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_xEqCWrm0Xzu B’s “This is Sierra Leone”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VChKR1RmtcAKeddi’s “This is Africa (Ghana)”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6tYg2AO1bgReading:Okwui Enwezor’s “The Uses of Afro-pessimism” (2006)*Use Chicago Manual Style footnotes
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.