Unit V Research PaperOSHA issued the Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals Standard (PSM) (29 CFR 1910.119) whichcontains requirements for the safe management of chemicals for companies that exceed OSHA’s threshold quantities forhighly hazardous substances. This standard requires the establishment of a management program that includesconducting process hazard analyses, establishing detailed operating procedures, and includes other importantrequirements to mitigate the possibility of a serious, chemical related incident occurring at the facility.For this assignment, suppose you are a safety manager at a chemical manufacturing facility that manufacturesconcentrated nitric acid. You have heard that employees who load nitric acid into rail tank cars have been checking the preinspectionchecklist from the rail shipping office instead of actually inspecting the vehicles with the checklist in hand asOSH 3640, Interactions of Hazardous Materials 2required by the operating procedure. This has not been the first time the shipping crew has been lax about process safetyrelated work rules. Based on this scenario, please compose a research paper which includes the following information:Identify the chemical properties, uses, and primary hazards associated with common oxidizers including concentratednitric acid.Identify important occupational exposure limits (OELs) associated with at least 3 common oxidizers.Identify PSM requirements that would be useful for preventing or minimizing the consequences of a significant oxidizerrelated incident.Using the OSHA Standard and your own experience, justify and validate the importance of the PSM standard to yourfacility (if it stores and processes highly hazardous materials) or a facility that may impact your community or a near-bycommunity. Examples might include a water treatment facility that utilizes liquefied chlorine gas, a coal fired power plantthat utilizes liquefied chlorine gas for water treatment, a food processing plant with a large ammonia refrigeration system,a fertilizer manufacturing or storage facility, a chemical manufacturing facility, etc..Your research paper must be at least two pages in length. You are required to cite the OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.119 inyour response as well as at least two other sources, one of which must be the Waldorf Online Library. All sources used,including the textbook, must be referenced. Paraphrased and/or quoted materials must have accompanying citations in APAformat.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.