Harm Reduction Approaches
· What are the harm reduction strategies used to address substance use and abuse?
· How do these strategies affect national opioid crisis policy?
The national opioid crisis has elicited a massive public health response. Each year, millions of people misuse prescription painkillers and opioids are responsible for 115 overdose deaths per day. As seen in your Module 4 readings, there are several harm reduction strategies used to prevent the harm associated with substance misuse including infectious disease, overdose, and death. Select one of the following harm reduction strategies and prepare a brief overview of the strategy, its intended purpose and rationale, and review the evidence for its effectiveness.
· Good Samaritan Laws
· Needle Exchange Programs
· Access to Naloxone
· Drug Checking
· Supervised Consumption Services (primarily located in other countries)
· Select one of the above topics to review. Search the UTA Library for a scholarly article reviewing the implementation and effectiveness of this strategy.
· Provide a summary of the strategy, its intended purpose, and rationale for implementation.
· Review the evidence provided in your article for its effectiveness at
reducing harm associated with drug misuse.
· Discuss whether you would recommend the use of this strategy in your community.
· You must cite at least one reference using
APA format Links to an external site.
· Your initial post should be at least 200 words.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.