Chapter 3 Writing Technical Documents and Memo Format
Chapter 3 The Writing Process and Memo Format
Please watch my video on how to write memos:
Link for video #1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwAgwVweTE4&feature=youtu.be
Instructions: We will not necessarily read the chapters in the textbook in chronological order. We will start with Chapter 3 and Memo Formatting. Most of your assignments for this class will need to be done in Memo format. Please watch a short video on Technical Writing. Here is the link to the video on YouTube:
Link for video #2
For this assignment you will watch the videos and read chapter 3. You will also read pages 386-388 that explain Memo formatting and give examples of how to do that format.
After watching the video and reading chapter 3, type a 400 to 500 word Memo to me (size 12, Times New Roman) responding to specific information found in the Videos AND Chapter 3 (your heading is not included in the word count of your memo). Pick at least one detail that you found interesting or helpful. Feel free to mention any information you found confusing or that which you disagree.
I do NOT want a summary of the chapter and video; I want your thoughts/response to some of the information in the chapter AND video.
Use the Memo sample on page 387* as the model for your memo. Make your memo look
just like this sample in regard to appearance and usage of spacing (double/single), tabs, punctuation, headings, bold, italics, underlining, categories listed, purpose etc.
For any of these response essays when you are referring to specific information from the book and video, make sure you list/cite the page number in and the book and video speaker to which you are referring.
Remember this is Technical Writing and formatting is imperative. For many of you, this is your first
into the world of technical writing. The key to technical communication is following instructions and attention to detail. Make sure you pay attention to the instructions of each assignment. Your grade will depend upon it!
* I realize in the business world, there is more than one way or style to write a memo. But in order to be fair and consistent, for this class we use the sample on page 387 in the book so that you gain experience in following this particular example, and for me to have a consistent sample to evaluate your attention to detail in following the instructions.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.