Plans for clientRunning head: CLIENT INTERVENTION PLAN 1
CLIENT NTERVENTION PLAN 2
The Client Intervention Plan
Dr. Natalie Peterson
November 4, 2022
Summary of the Case Study
My Client is called John Woods from California. He is a middle-aged man suffering from mild Schizophrenia. Initial Samples indicate that he inherited the disease from his parents. However, upon further investigations, it was discovered that his parents were chain smokers and this might have resulted in his current situation. Currently, John suffers from communication problems, and mood swings and cannot maintain personal hygiene. The doctors noted that John Woods can still recover since his condition is still in its early stage. They recommended the parents hire a social care worker to help John overcome his mild Schizophrenia condition. Two days ago, I was hired for this job.
My Intervention Method
For my intervention method, I will use the General Aggression Therapy model (GAM). It is a method that evaluates behavior management while also helping clients set their goals and objectives (Dunne et al., 2019). Moreover, this model also evaluates the client’s knowledge structures. Knowledge structures evaluate a client’s past experiences to evaluate negative situations that a client may have been subjected to in the past. This helps social care workers identify the root cause of the client’s problems to develop a proper intervention plan (Gilbert et al., 2017). For my client, there are various stages of the GAM steps that he would be subjected to. First, I the client will complete the behavior management cycle.
During this stage, I will teach the client how to manage his emotions and how to get along with close people. This period will take a maximum period of three weeks. After the stage is over, I hope the client will be able to evaluate good and bad thoughts and he will have also learned how to embrace positive ideas. Secondly, I will subject the client to mental relaxation techniques. This will involve short physical exercises that will help him forget about his current problems. In the GAM model, Allen et al. (2018) state that the focus is on making the client independent. After the therapy session is over, clients must know how to manage their mental health to avoid getting back into their former conditions. John Woods would be running for 20 minutes every morning and evening for two weeks. Furthermore, I will teach him mindful meditation which is also part of the GAM therapy model.
Additionally, I will also help John Woods to set goals and objectives in his life. I will purchase a diary and fill in all the activities that John Woods will be completed daily and weekly. For example, since John Woods has commuRunning head: INTERVENTION PLAN ASSESSMENT 1
INTERVENTION PLAN ASSESSMENT 2
Intervention planning assessment 2
Dr. Natalie Peterson
September 17, 2022
Summary of Case Study
In my case, I am dealing with a client from Sumter, SC with a history of trauma. 3 months ago, the client had a very bad accident but narrowly survived the ordeal. However, the situation has affected his other areas of life including his studies and how he associates himself with other people. My client is a 20-year-old boy who is still in high school. Three months ago, I was called by his parents and requested to assist the client gain normalcy in his life and improve his relationship and the way he associates with other people in the society.
My Intervention Method
To help the client, I requested the client to be undertaken through the Cognitive Behavior Therapy. In this therapy, I would subject the client through two main methods: behavior therapy and physical exercises. The behavior therapy will help the client to overcome his negative feelings while the physical exercise will help the client to have a sense of relaxation in his mind. In behavior therapy, the client will be subjected in a three-week period of intervention plan. During the plan, the client would be subjected through various accident simulation plans. This will help the client to get used to the accidents and change his attitude and feelings. I believe that this method will also help him to change his behavior and attitude towards other members of the society. Moreover, I will also ensure that the client undertakes physical exercises such as running and hitting the gym every morning and evening. This will help him to have a sense of relaxation in his mind. This intervention will take a maximum period of 5 weeks.
The Barriers to this intervention Method
Although the Cognitive Behavior therapy is effective, the attitude of the client also matters. If my client develops a negative attitude towards the CBT intervention methods that I have selected, it would be very difficult for him to heal and recover from his trauma. The CBT treatment method requires a high level of endurance. However, I believe that my client will co-operate and will recover from his trauma.
The cognitive behavior therapy method requires the social worker care to evaluate the history of the patient. This requires an in-depth communication with the client to analyze the challenges they may have gone through. In terms of ethics, getting personal or private information from the clients may be directly infringing on their rights. For clients who do not like to share information, forcing them to narrate their private information will be directly infringing on their freedom of expresFinal Paper (30 points) is due by 11:59 PM on Week #10.
In this assignment you will write a brief case study related to your specialization. Your task is to formulate an intervention plan / process based on your assessment of the problem/s. The case study should be one page or less single spaced, including both current presentation and related history.
Include the following in your intervention planning and implementation:
· Choose any evidence-informed intervention that we have studied to apply.
· Discuss assessment issues from the case study that have informed your decision around which evidence-informed intervention to choose. Why did you choose this type of intervention? What are other ways that you could intervene, and why did you not choose those options?
· Who would you include in the intervention process?
· Consider micro, mezzo and macro level intervention targets
· Be specific on who/what organizations are included, and the justification for such inclusion
Identify systems and organizations involved, assess involvement, need for collaboration, and how each will be involved in interventions
· Describe how you would engage the client system, how you would use social work skills to do so, and what challenges you anticipate
· Clearly define and explain the proposed intervention, both overall and in terms of process, steps or stages related to your particular client system.
· Who will implement the intervention?
· What strengths does the client system bring to the intervention process?
· What are the components of the intervention and how will the social worker adapt them to this client system? (See peer-reviewed literature related to the intervention.)
· How long will the intervention take?
· What are some barriers to implementing the intervention? What are some solutions to these barriers?
· How have you addressed issues of diversity, disadvantage, and other larger socio-cultural constraints (risk factors) and strengths?
· What are some ethical challenges you think may arise from working with this client system, and how will you address them? (Reference the NASW Code of Ethics, 2017)
Page length of the assignment: 8-10 pages, APA format. The case study should be approximately one page (single spaced) and can introduce the paper. NOTE: Title page and reference page are not included in page count.
(1) Selection of evidence-informed intervention and detailed explanation of intervention’s application to case study
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.