In preparation for your Auteur Assignment (the penultimate graded submission for class), choose one film to view from the options provided below. Put the title of the film at the top of your submission and the names of the main characters just below, each with a one-sentence description. Describe to whom the story belonged, what experiences the protagonist(s) had, and what changes he, she, or they underwent as a result (100 words). Do not summarize the plot. Next, do a close reading (400 words) of one scene (a series of shots united by time and place that, taken together, form a scene) that engenders an emotional response, and describe what cinematic techniques (camera movement and/or angle, editing, lighting, set, casting, sound, etc.–elements not to be confused with actions and plot) the director employs to the create the desired reaction (joy, despair, confusion, etc.) in his or her audience. Try to stay as much as possible within the word limit. This time around, do a little background research on the director, and think about how the film exhibits his or her unique style or thematic elements and/or preoccupations. If you have already written about the film listed by one of the directors below, choose another of his or her works for the close analysis of a scene. You will need to view three movies by the same director to fulfill the Auteur Theory assignment. Death of a Bureaucrat / La muerte de un burocrata (Cuba, 1966) Dir., Tomas Gutierrez AleaWomen on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown / Mujeres al borde de un ataque de nervious (Spain, 1988) Dir., Pedro AlmodóvarThrough a Glass Darkly / Såsom i en spegel (Sweden, 1961) Dir., Ingmar BergmanOasis / Oasiseu (South Korea, 2002) Dir., Chang-dong Lee The Color of Paradise / Rang-e khoda (Iran, 1998) Dir., Majid Majidi The Girl Who Sold the Sun / La petite vendeuse de soleil (Senegal, 1999) Dir., Djibril Diop Mambéty1947 Earth (India, 1998) Dir., Deepa MehtaThe Wild Child / L’enfant sauvage (France, 1970) Dir., Francois Truffaut
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.