If you were to search in Google for “images for differential pay between men and women,” myriad charts would come up supporting the contention that “women earn seventy-seven cents for every dollar that men earn for doing the same work with the same level of training and education.” This fundamental inequity is indicative of one form of oppression. The films assigned this week explore several. Choose one social drama from the list below. Put the title of the film at the top of your submission and the names of the main characters just below, each with a one-sentence description. Describe: whose story it is; the situation in which the protagonist(s) find(s) herself/themselves; what complications ensue; what is the outcome; and what purpose the film serves (150 words). Next, do a close reading (350 words) of one scene (a series of shots united by time and place that, taken together, form a scene) that causes a strong reaction in you. Describe what cinematic techniques (camera movement and/or angle, editing, lighting, set, casting, sound, composition, etc.–elements not to be confused with actions and plot) the director employs to engender a strong response in you. What, upon further reflection, do you think his or her purpose and hope in exploring this material? Try to stay as much as possible within the word limit. Concision is always more impressive (and harder) than wordiness. Dodes’Ka Den (Japan, 1970) * Even the Rain / También la lluvia (Spain, 2010) * The House Is Black (Iran, 1962) Water (India, 2005) *
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.