Given information: The inventory manager of Maximart Sales wants to establish optimum ordering policies. Weekly demand for a particular item follows a normal distribution with a mean of 300 units and a standard deviation of 70 units. The supplier will sell Maximart up to 999 units in an order at a price of $100/unit. If Maximart orders between 1000 and 3999 units per order, they can get the product for $95/unit. If Maximart is willing to order 4000 or more units with each order, they can get the product at $90/unit. Maximart sells the item for $200 per unit.It costs Maximart $125 to place an order, and $0.60 to hold a unit of inventory from one week to the next. The lead time between placing an order and receiving it, inspected and ready for sale, is two weeks.When demand cannot be satisfied from stock, some customers are willing to accept back order, and wait another week or two for delivery. Other customers will not wait. The percentage of customers who are willing to accept a backorder varies uniformly between 10% and 50%. Maximart estimates that they will lose $60 in future profit from each lost sale.The current inventory policy is an order quantity of 4000 units, to take advantage of the quantity discounts. Further, the inventory manager has also set the reorder point at the average weekly demand, 300 units. An order will be placed in any week for which the ending inventory is less than the reorder point, provided that there is not already an outstanding order from the previous week.Question: Need help simulating 40 weeks of operation. Inventory starts week 1 with 1000 unites. Need a breakdown of average net profit, average weekly costs for ordering, holding and lost future profits and average total weekly costs?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.