Post about ‘social media’ as a follow up.
Choose any of these:
Social media and algorithms
Social media and time
Social media and isolation
Social media and generational – young and old
Social media as ‘enhancement’ of experience
Social media and memes, hacks, etc.
Social media as a business model.
How you personally use social media?
Please include at least one of the following:
Can Social media be farmed/harvested for use in Art? or for Art content? Show related works via link/image. Hint: Paul Cirio is one artist we have looked at who does use data from social media. Also, James Bridle, Jonah Bruckner-Cohen and Katherine Moriawaki.
If John Cage were to use Twitter what would he do with it?
Here is the article by Julian Dibbell A Rape in Cyberspace (Links to an external site.) that I mentioned, about one of the earliest “virtual communities” LambdaMOO (Rheingold). How do you respond to this article?
Required Reading and Works:
Lippard, L. Sweeping Exchanges: The Contribution of Feminists to the Art of the 1970s. Lippard-Sweeping-Exchanges-Smith.pdf
Check this out – VNS Matrix – https://vnsmatrix.net/ (Links to an external site.)
The Cyberfeminist Manifesto for the 21st Century, 1991
https://vnsmatrix.net/projects/the-cyberfeminist-manifesto-for-the-21st-century (Links to an external site.)
Michael Rush, Ch. 2, Video Art, pp. 97-120. (complete) New_Media_02.pdf
Video, Games, Actions & New Media
Carrie Mae Weems takes over Lincoln Center to Highlight COVID-19 Impact on Communities of Color (Links to an external site.)
Black Room (Links to an external site.) Feminist dungeon crawler by Cassie McQuater, http://www.cassiemcquater.com/
Milk Debt by Patty Chang
https://18thstreet.org/event/patty-chang-milk-debt/ (Links to an external site.)
The Rifles by the She Loves Collective
https://shelovescollective.com/index.php/the-rifles/ (Links to an external site.)
Sondra Perry: Typhoon coming on
Ana Mendieta: Traces/Stopy | Krátký dokument | Galerie Rudolfinum
Yoko Ono – Cut Piece (1965)
Martha Rosler about "Bringing War Home"
Adrian Piper, Mythic Being 1973
https://suzanne-lacy.squarespace.com/three-weeks-in-january (Links to an external site.)
https://www.suzannelacy.com/exhibitions (Links to an external site.)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.