cover letterCover Letter Assignment.html
Valdosta State University
ACED 2050 Communication in the Workplace
COVER LETTER ASSIGNMENT
For this part of the Job Acquisition Project, you will be creating a professional cover letter, which is intended to introduce yourself to an organization, demonstrate your interest in the company or a specific vacancy, draw attention to your resume and motivate the reader to interview you. You will complete this assignment using Microsoft Word. Be sure you have read and studied the information in your textbook on “Cover Messages” on page 594. This assignment is worth 40 points and is due in the designated Dropbox by Sunday, November 20, 2022 by 11:30 p.m. Please read and/or print the instructions that follow.
Please follow the instructions below:
Use the internet to locate an actual job listing/position from a company in your area of interest and based on your selection, you will create a job cover letter. (Don’t forget to copy & paste the actual job listing and URL).
For the assignment, you will choose where you will apply, conduct minimal research regarding your target company, and analyze your own capabilities and assets.
Assess the employer’s needs and your skills. Then try to match them in the letter in a way that will appeal to the employer’s self-interest. As much as possible, tailor your letter to each job opportunity. Demonstrate, if possible, some knowledge of the organization to which you are applying.
Your cover letter must be designed and directed toward your job listing/position. Referencing the information that you have gleaned from the company’s website, will help you speak to these elements in your cover letter. It will also prepare you for a future interview. This is invaluable information!
In a single page, you will write a letter of application for a job based on the Cover Letter Guidelines (Located in Module 14). Please follow proper business formatting, as outlined below. In addition, use the information in your textbook and the examples from Figure 15.16 and 15.17, to assist with business letter format.
The cover letter is your first and maybe only chance to make a good impression, so be sure to provide all the most important details. Using the information found in the job ad, target your letter specifically to that company and that position.
Margins are 1” all around
Full-block style (all paragraphs and lines begin flush left, except letterhead)
Blank line between each paragraph
Font should be Times New Roman 12pt (except for your name in the letterhead)
Letterhead (Design a professional-looking letterhead with your name and address using fonts of your choice)
Name, title, and address of the recipient
Body of letter
Conclusion (asking for an interview)
Complimentary close (“Sincerely,” followed by 3 blank lines) Signature and typed name
Use your professor’s name and the following address as the potential employer
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.