Continueing its quality improvement effort first described inthe Chapter 6 “Managing the Springville Herald” case, theproduction department of the newspaper has been monitoring theblackness of the newspaper print. As before, blackness ismeasured on a standard scale in which the target value is1.0. Data collected over the past year indicate that theblackness is normally distributed, with a mean of 1.005 and astandard deviation of 0.10.Each day, 25 spots on the first newspaper printed are chosen,and the blackness of the spots is measured. Assuming that thedistribution has not changed from what it was in the past year,what is the probability that the mean blackness of the spotsisa. less than 1.0?b. between 0.95 and 1.0?c. between 1.0 and 1.05?d. less than 0.95 or greater than 1.05?e. Suppose that the mean blackness of today’s sample of25 spots is 0.952. What conclusion can you make about theblackness of the newspaper based on this result? Explain.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.