Background:The length of human pregnancy is known to have a mean of 266 days and a standard deviation of 16 days. Based on records from a large women’s hospital, a random sample of 25 women who were smoking and/or drinking alcohol during their pregnancy and their pregnancy lengths are recorded in the data file linked below. Do the data provide enough evidence to support the (well-known) fact that women who smoke and/or drink alcohol during their pregnancy have shorter pregnancies than women in general (in other words, are more likely to have premature labor)?Comment:It is reasonable to assume that the known standard deviation of 16 days applies also to women who smoke and/or drink during their pregnancy.Download the data here:Excel: [LINK]Text: [LINK]1) State the null and alternative hypotheses, and define clearly what the parameter μ represents 2) Have the conditions that allow us to safely use the z-test been met? Support your answer with appropriate graphs, if needed.3)Compute the test statistic (use z Compute the test statistic )and interpret its value1. Given that the tabulation meon M= 266 dy’sandpopulation " standard deviation = 6′ = 16 daysandSample Size = n= 25D state the null and alternate by pothesisHere Me representstheNull…
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.