Please see instructions attached.Unit 6 Assignment
Imagine that our country is under threat of an imminent nuclear attack. You must make the important decision of who to let into the nearest fall-out shelter. There are 12 people vying to get in, but you can choose only five. Your choices include:
· a 40-yr-old violinist who is a suspected narcotics pusher
· a 60-yr-old architect
· a 26-yr-old lawyer who will only go in if he can bring his wife
· the lawyer’s 24-yr-old wife who has just gotten out of a mental hospital
· a 70-yr-old rabbi
· a 34-yr-old retired prostitute who was so successful that she has been living on her annuities for five years
· a 12-yr-old girl with a below-average IQ
· a male high school student who needs a wheelchair to get around
· a 20-yr-old gang member
· a 23-yr-old female Catholic graduate student who speaks publicly on the virtues of chastity
· a 28-yr-old male physicist who will only come into the shelter if he can bring his gun
· a 19-yr- old college student who has just come out of the closet
Determine which five you will choose for the fallout shelter.
Once you have made your five selections, write up an explanation for your choices. Why did you pick those five? And why not the others? What thoughts and/or feelings did you have about this type of decision?
Think about the following social psychology concepts and/or other concepts from your unit readings:
· Attitudes and social influence (e.g., norms, systematic vs. heuristic persuasion)
· Group categorization
· Prejudice (positive and negative)
· Survival: Frustration-aggression, reproductive selectivity, and/or evolution
· Correspondence bias
· Reciprocal altruism
· Cognitive dissonance
Which concept(s) was most relevant to your selections, and why? Define the concept(s) and explain how it applies.
Cite your readings using APA-formatted in-text citations, and include a reference page. Also, include at least one way that this assignment applies to your real-life and might cause you to change how you interact with other people in your life. Your paper should be at least 2 pages, double-spaced, with an APA-formatted reference page at the end.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.