1. A 2-m- wide square footing is placed in sand (see Fig. below). The footing, which is going tobe backfilled, is embedded 1.35 m into the sand layer. The soil unit weight is 19 kN/m 3 above thewater table (which is at 1.35 m depth) and 20 kN/m 3 below the water table. Calculate the footingsettlement for a column load of 1500 kN using the Schmertmann method (1970). Would thisfooting pass the SLS check? The sand deposit is young and normally consolidated. Neglect anytime effects on the settlement.qc(MPa)2. For the same soil conditions as those of Problem 1, calculate the settlement of a strip footing with
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.