75-100 word reply to the following discussion post:The article that I chose deals with depression among patients that suffered from acute coronary syndrome, and the impact it had on the male and female individuals involved in the study. Acute Coronary Syndrome is when your heart has a sudden blockage or restriction of blood flow to your heart. According to the article titled, Gender differences in Self-Reported Symptoms of Depression Patient’s with Acute Coronary Syndrome, “a convenience sample of 789 patients (248 women and 541 men) were pulled for this study. T-test’s were conducted for gender comparisons” (Hindawi.com, 2012). According to the results of the study, women demonstrated more depressive symptoms than men. Women: mean = 11.89, S.D. = 9.68 vs. men: mean = 9.00, S.D. = 7.83. In addition, women felt more sadness, indecisiveness, sleep disturbance, and appetite disturbance than males. 7 out of 19 symptoms that were recorded and tested for also had statistical significance (p < 0.05).I believe that the t-test was a good fit for this particular study because it compared the means of a dependent variable (depression) from two different/independent variables (male and female). As stated previously, when comparing the means of the two independent variables, the females had more symptoms of depression when dealing with Acute Coronary Syndrome than the men.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.