an unbiased estimator for the population mean μ? Explain.b. Would it still be unbiased if the coin was not fair?c. Compute the variance of the x-bar estimator.d. Which one is a better estimator of μ, or the “gambler’s one? Explain why.2. Suppose we have a i.i.d sample X1, X2, …, Xn, with E(Xi) = u, and Var(X;) = -, i = 1,2, …, n. Recall_X=71XiWe know that the sample mean X is an unbiased estimator of u.Now suppose that I flip a fair coin (i.e. P(H) = P(T) = 1/2), and I propose a new estimatorfor the population mean u. This new "gambler’s estimator" for the mean is given by:X = X+Dwhere D = +1 if the flip is heads and D = -1 if the flip is tails.a. Is X an unbiased estimator for the population mean u? Explain.b. Would it still be unbiased if the coin was not fair?c. Compute the variance of the X estimator.d. Which one is a better estimator of u, X or the "gambler’s one? Explain why.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.