2.Harker and Keltner (2001) examined whether emotional well-being in later life could be predicted from the facial expressions of 141 women in their college yearbook photos. The predictor variable of greatest interest was the “positivity of emotional expression” in the college yearbook photo. They also had these photographs rated on physical attractiveness. They contacted the same women for follow-up psychological assessments at age 52 (and at other ages; data not shown here). Here are the correlations of these two predictors (based on ratings of the yearbook photo) with several of their self-reported social and emotional outcomes at age 52: In College Photo At Age 52 Physical Attractiveness Positivity of Facial ExpressionNegative emotionally .04 -2.7Nurturance -.06 .22Well-being .03 .27a.Which of the six correlations above are statistically significant (i) if you test each correlation using α = .05, two-tailed, and (ii) if you set EWα = .05 and use Bonferroni-corrected tests?b.How would you interpret their results?c.Can you make any causal inferences from this study? Give reasons.d.Would it be appropriate for the researchers to generalize these findings to other groups, such as men? e.What additional information would be available to you if you were able to see the scatter plots for these variables?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.