nursingCreate a poster presentation to communicate an implementation plan to bridge the gap between the evidence you will research and clinical practice. You will then record audio of no more than five minutes presenting your poster.
Master’s-level nurses need to be able to think critically about the evidence, outcomes data, and other relevant information they encounter throughout their daily practice. Often the evidence or information that a nurse encounters, researches, or studies is not presented in the exact context of that nurse’s practice. A key skill of the master’s-level nurse is to transfer evidence from the context in which it was presented and apply it to a different context in order to maximize the benefit to patients in that new context.
Master’s-level nurses understand the importance of utilizing evidence-based practice in their healthcare setting. The challenge is bridging the gap between the evidence and clinical practice. “This is the way we’ve always done it,” is a common response and may not indicate evidence-based practice is being utilized. Furthermore, when a practice problem is identified, what are the steps to communicate the need for change with the interprofessional team?
One way to communicate the need for quality improvements, as well as your plans for achieving specific changes, is through a presentation poster. This type of communication tool is used both in the workplace and at professional and academic conferences. Being able to convey the essence and value of a project in a compelling and succinct way is a valuable skill, and it is vital within the constraints of a single poster.
You have been asked to give a poster presentation based around your work and research on a clinical problem in your practice setting. The purpose is to lay out the evidence and a potential implementation plan to your colleagues in order to bridge the gap between the evidence and the practice to improve the quality and outcomes of care.
Identify a clinical problem in your work setting and develop an implementation plan to carry out your evidence-based practice proposal using a poster presentation. ]
Your Implementation Plan should include the following:
· Background on the clinical problem.
· PICOT question.
· Stakeholders that will be impacted.
· Action plan for implementation.
· Potential barriers to project implementation.
· Baseline data that will be needed to evaluate outcomes.
· Search strategy and databases used.
· Summary of the evidence with a critical appraisal of its quality.
The bullet points below correspond to the grading criteria in the scoring guide. Be sure that your poster presentation addresses all of them.
· Develop a PICOT question for a chosen clinical problem.
. Include a graphic that is relevant to the clinical problem.
. Provide a background on the clinical problem identified.
· Outline an action plan to implement the EBP project that includes:
. The recommended pracQuality Improvement Presentation Poster
Evidence-Based Practice for Patient-Centered Care and Population Health
Evidence-Based Practice Implementation Plan
Background on Clinical Problem
Increase in falls on Med Surg unit
Currently using Fall Risk patient bands and sign on patient’s door
Patient care tech
Resistance to change
Lack of knowledge
Current Fall data
Fall data at 1 month
Fall data at 3 months
Fall data at 6 months
Tools or resources
Reduce healthcare costs
Health care provider work life
Make sure you are adding the following to the notes section.
Describe your search strategy and databases that were used.
Summarize your findings with a critical appraisal of the quality and relevance of your resources.
Notes on why the Action Plan is reasonable and realistic.
Notes on specific actions that could be taken to overcome barriers.
Notes that explain how the outcome measures align to the Quadruple Aim.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.