1. Innocent until proven guilty? In Japanese criminal trials, about 95% of the defendants are found guilty. In the United States, about 60% of the defendants are found guilty in criminal trials. (Source: The Book of Risks, by Larry Laudan, John Wiley and Sons) Suppose you are a news reporter following five criminal trials. (For each answer, enter a number.)(a) If the trials were in Japan, what is the probability that all the defendants would be found guilty? (Round your answer to three decimal places.)What is this probability if the trials were in the United States? (Round your answer to three decimal places.)(b) Of the five trials, what is the expected number of guilty verdicts in Japan? (Round your answer to two decimal places.) verdictsWhat is the expected number in the United Sates? (Round your answer to two decimal places.) verdictsWhat is the standard deviation in Japan? (Round your answer to two decimal places.) verdictsWhat is the standard deviation in the United States? (Round your answer to two decimal places.) verdicts2. On the leeward side of the island of Oahu, in a small village, about 83% of the residents are of Hawaiian ancestry. Let n = 1, 2, 3, … represent the number of people you must meet until you encounter the first person of Hawaiian ancestry in the village.(a) Write out a formula for the probability distribution of the random variable n. (Enter a mathematical expression.)P(n) = 3. The quality-control inspector of a production plant will reject a batch of syringes if two or more defective syringes are found in a random sample of six syringes taken from the batch. Suppose the batch contains 1% defective syringes.(c) What is the probability that the batch will be accepted? (Enter a number. Round your answer to three decimal places.)(d) Find (in terms of the number of syringes). (Enter a number. Round your answer to three decimal places.) = syringes4. Suppose approximately 75% of all marketing personnel are extroverts, whereas about 60% of all computer programmers are introverts. (For each answer, enter a number. Round your answers to three decimal places.)In a group of 5 computer programmers, what is the probability that none are introverts?What is the probability that 3 or more are introverts?What is the probability that all are introverts?5. What is the income distribution of super shoppers? A supermarket super shopper is defined as a shopper for whom at least 70% of the items purchased were on sale or purchased with a coupon. In the following table, income units are in thousands of dollars, and each interval goes up to but does not include the given high value. The midpoints are given to the nearest thousand dollars. Income range 5-15 15-25 25-35 35-45 45-55 55 or more Midpoint x10 20 30 40 50 60 Percent of super shoppers 22%13%21%17%18%9% (c) Compute the expected income of a super shopper (in thousands of dollars). (Enter a number. Round your answer to two decimal places.) = thousands of dollars(d) Compute the standard deviation for the income of super shoppers (in thousands of dollars). (Enter a number. Round your answer to two decimal places.) = thousands of dollarsfile is for number 5.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.